Why choose Invisalign?
Invisalign can correct crooked, misaligned or gappy teeth and correct abnormal bites. This can make a huge improvement in the appearance of your smile but also improves your dental health too! Correcting misaligned teeth can help resolve problems such as halitosis (bad breath), gingivitis (inflamed sore gums), food packing and chipping of teeth.
Invisalign uses BPA-free clear plastic, removable trays to help move your teeth gently into position. In the correct cases they have many advantages over traditional metal/ wire braces.
- Appearance. The Invisalign aligners are clear, shaped to your teeth-and are virtually invisible. They are particularly appealing to adults who have careers or social lives where they would rather not have metal ‘train track’ braces which are associated with teenagers.
- Removable. Although you should wear your aligners for 22 hours a day you can remove them. This allows you to eat whatever you want and also allows you to floss and brush your teeth as normal. Traditional braces do pose a problem in maintaining good oral hygiene and they collect food easily. You also have the flexibility to remove them for special occasions.
- Comfort. No sharp metal edges and no tightening of wires.
- Fewer appointments. Less follow up appointments are required and no urgent appointments due to brackets/wires coming loose.
- Tooth whitening. In some cases you can whiten your teeth during your Invisalign treatment.
- Digital scanning. Invisalign is usually done using a painless digital scanner – this means no messy uncomfortable impressions, which are particularly unpleasant if you have a strong gag reflex. In addition, before you fully commit to anything you will receive a 3D animation on how your teeth will move and look at the end.